Thank you for your positive reaction to my previous post! I’m so glad you all loved it.
It so happened that I was raiding my closet and looking for something to wear on a casual day out. After a while, I finally settled on a basic white shirt with blue jeans. A few days later, I was once again looking for something to wear with a midi skirt. Once again the white shirt came to my rescue. It struck me as to how important this piece of clothing is in every girl’s closet. It is highly versatile, can be worn with almost any jeans, skirt or pants. You can style it casually or add accessories to make the outfit fancier. In today’s post I want to share some ways in which you can style a white shirt & look every inch a fashionista.
1 white shirt, 5 ways to style it.
Before you start taking a look at these outfits, get yourself a flattering white shirt. Already have one? That’s great, let’s get started!
1) Start with the basics if you are afraid of experimenting with your style. Pick out a white shirt and a pair of skinny blue jeans. Glam it up with gorgeous black or red stilettos. This outfit works great for a semi formal occasion. Wear a slick of matte red lipstick to complete your ensemble.
2) For a day out with your girls or a lunch meet, wear your white shirt with flared denims. Add oomph by putting on animal print heels and tan accessories. The animal print is bound to make your outfit interesting and beautiful.
3) For a party or evening date, you can make sure you are looking your best by pairing your white shirt with a gorgeous black tulle or midi skirt. It looks classy, elegant and stylish. Don’t forget to accessorize your outfit with a statement necklace, heels and add a pop of color with irresistible red lips.
4) Look oh-so-chic and feminine by wearing a crisp white shirt with a pastel lace mini skirt. Because this outfit is meant more for a day occasion like a date or hanging out with friends, you should wear your flats instead of heels and add adorable accessories to make the outfit even more girlish. What’s better than flaunting your pins in a skirt and accentuating your curves in a white shirt.
5) This has to be the most fashion week style outfit that is bound to get you noticed by fashion paparazzis! So trendy and elegant at the same time. Tuck your white shirt into bright coloured flared pants, preferably orange or coral or red. This brings in the perfect balance between bright & light shades. To maintain the balance, accessorize your outfit with nude/beige heels & bag. And yes, no flats here please! The high waist flared pants will make your legs look longer and make your outfit super gorgeous. Just who doesn’t want to be the talk of the town for their drool worthy outfit?
There are of course lots of other ways to style a white shirt which I’ll be talking about some other day. Which ones of these is your favourite?